Application for admission to the course should be made in prescribed form, which is attached with the prospectus. Application Forms Properly & Correctly filled in block letters should be send along with a Registration fee of Rs. 5,000 /- Candidate seeking admission to the course should attach the following documents with the Application form. Admission is open for students qualified to enroll PPL /CPL/MER. Applicants have to register themselves by presenting the prescribed application at SFA, Guna.
Candidates are required to meet the medical standard as per the norms laid down by Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), New Delhi. At the time of admission, Student will have to undergo Class II Medical with the DGCA approved medical examiners. Student are advised to do their equivalent (check) Class I medical at the time of admission. However, the candidates have to undergo a comprehensive medical investigation conducted at the Institute of Aerospace Medicine (IAM), Bangalore, the Central Medical Establishment (CME) This is a mandatory requirement before the issuance of the Commercial Pilot licence (CPL). For more details on medical requirements, visit www.dgca.nic.in.
As per ICAO standards, medium of instruction shall be in English. This language is used for all purpose of communication, lectures or for ATC communication. For students who do not have required proficiency in English and for those who do not have fluency in the language (less than 60% in their 12, standard) additional language class is provided at extra cost.
Admission takes place throughout the year. Interested students can download a copy of application form from our website or contact our Head office at Bhopal or operation office at Guna.
Those who wish to do particular courses should check up their respective eligibility pertaining to that course.
1. Application for admission to a course should be made only in the prescribed from which will be issued along with the prospectus.
2. Application form duly filled in should be sent only to the Admission Office or handed in person along with (a) copy of the Mark Sheet of qualifying examination attested by a Gazetted Officer. (b) Prescribed check Fee.
3. Application, which are incomplete or not accompanied by the prescribed document & registration fee, are liable to be rejected.
4. The scrutiny committee will process the application and provisionally admit the students based on merit.
5. Shortlisted candidates for Pilot Training Program will have to attend an aptitude test. Final selection will be based on the marks obtained by them in the qualifying examination and performance in the aptitude test.
6. Admission notices will be sent to the selected candidates intimating the dates on which they should report at the admission office with the original certificates such as :
Marksheet of the qualifying examination & pass certificate
6 Passport size colour photographs
Medical Certificate (as per DGCA standards)
Police clearance Certificate
After scrutiny of the documents and payment of fees, candidates will be issued "Letter of admission" and they should report to the AM/ Chief Flight Instructor, Sha- Shib Flying Academy at Guna for joining the program.
Students who have opted for hostel accommodation should report to the Hostel Manager SFA for the allotment of rooms.
Admissions for various courses take place in four quarters of the year depending on availability of seats.
The application can be downloaded from the website or can be procured from Bhopal Head Office. The seats availability is also highlighted on the website for each quarter of the year.
1. Applications are only accepted on the prescribed format which can be downloaded from www. Shashibgroup.org link to form.
2. Application form duly filled in has to reach before the stipulated dated along with the respective fees in the form of a demand Draft in favour of Sha-Shib Flying Academy, payable at Bhopal.
3. Application is to be accompanied with attested copy of all the certificates as mentioned in Annex I of the admission form.
4. Sha-Shib Flying Academy (A unit of I.M.T. ) has the right to reject or accept an application without giving any reason, thereof.
5. Short listed candidates for Pilot Training Programmes will have to undergo a psychometric analysis test and final selection will be based on their grades in the Psychometric test and the final interview.
6. Admission confirmation will be sent to the selected candidates
intimating the dates on which they should report at the Campus.
Tuition and other fees prescribed should be paid on or before the stipulated date as laid down in the guidelines. All fees should be made by DD in favour of SFA and receipt to be obtained immediately.
Excepting the unused portion of flying training charges, if any all kinds of fee under different heads shall not be refundable under any circumstance. The refund, if any, shall be made within a reasonable period of time, in installments. But, students suspended / dismissed on disciplinary grounds shall not be in titled for refund of unused portion of flying charges.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Students should report to the classes regularly and in full uniform.
Smoking and consumption of drugs/alcohol is strictly prohibited.
The Academy maintains strict discipline. Students violating discipline are liable for severe penalty including expulsion.
Ragging of any sort is strictly prohibited.
Any student found responsible for any damage to any movable or immovable properties of the institution such as aircraft, building, furniture equipment etc. will be punished severely and the cost of damages along with fine will be recovered from the student concerned.
Students are strictly forbidden from organizing or attending any unauthorized meeting in the campus or collection of money for any purpose without the prior written permission of the competent authority.
Student must conduct themselves at all times in a fitting manner to bring credit to themselves and to the academy.
Students should make use of all opportunities provided to them to acquire best knowledge during their period of stay at the academy.
Students are encouraged to participate in extra curricular activities.
A comprehensive selection procedure is followed for admission to ensure that only those who have the aptitude and the ability are admitted to the Academy. In case we find a candidate unfit for a particular course we monitor his caliber and aptitude so that he does not spend money and time on a course which may not be right for him.
WRITTEN TEST : This test forms an integral part of the selection procedure certain mandatory test parameters like basic Maths, Physics, English and paper consisting of 100 questions and the duration of the test is 90 mins. Successful applicants of the written composite paper are invited for the pilot aptitude test and Interview.
PILOT APTITUDE TEST : This test is specific to check aviation flying specific psychomotor coordination. It is a computerâ€”based test to check psychomotor given 4 different exercises in a defined time.
Result from all the exercise will be tabulated to arrive at final results. Duration of this test 10-15 mins.
BOARD INTERVIEW : A final round of Interview is conducted for successful candidates interviewers consist of Chief Ground Instructor, Chief Flying Instructor who are from the field of aviation.
FINAL SELECTION : The final selection will be done on the basis of marks scored in the selection process.